At VILA.nz I received many requests through the years, for pre-designed homes. Basically people asking for a design that would cost less, combining lots of knowledge from various projects and summing it into one "perfect" one!
I always had reservations for pre-designed plans, simply because placing the home on specific site is the key decision. But then having a smaller home, designed so it can be flipped around, mirrored etc, might have some merit.
Anyhow, about a year ago I gave it a go and designed my take on pre-designed home...
VILA140. (144m2, 3BDM+studio, 2BTH)
1. Designed using Formance Ready system, modular SIPs to completely eliminate wastage of the panels
2. Design simple square box to minimise external walls
3. Design less windows but place these to have most impact
4. Modular Shading for windows depending on placement
5. MaxRaft insulated concrete slab, exposed to solar gains in winter
6. In-Slab Heating with air-to-water heat-pump
7. Thermally Broken Recessed Windows
The plans are ready for purchase and we were quite successful placing these on various sections, with various orientation. I guess great success is also how many people find this floor plan appropriate and when changes are required, we were able to alter the main plan with no impact on foot print, mainly just internal flow.
We now have a budget estimate available we can share with people, which is great. And we have recently received some further pricing indications on windows from Maven Partners that import Eurocrate uPVC and ALU windows.
If you are interested to know more, click link below and also give us some feedback.